Who is Japan Heart
Japan Heart was founded in 2004 as a volunteer-based international health care organization. Dr. Hideto Yoshioka, the President, launched Japan Heart after treating patients abroad for years and realizing the need for improved health care services. Japan Heart initially began offering services in Myanmar, and has since expanded into Cambodia. Many medical professionals – particularly doctors and nurses – and volunteers are sent from Japan Heart to engage in health care activities in these countries. In addition to medical intervention, the diverse operations include: providing hygiene care, training local health care professionals, improving elementary and middle school infirmaries, running a facility to protect orphaned children from natural disasters as well as AIDS and other diseases, and training the visually impaired for social independence.
Domestically, Japan Heart dispatches nurses and other health care professionals to remote rural areas or isolated islands in
"Providing ｍedical care to areas where it is currently out of reach, wherever that may be."
Our goal is to contribute to community development in Japan and abroad through health care and education. To reach our goal, we are committed to the following initiatives:
- Dispatch health care professionals abroad.
- Invite overseas health care professionals to Japan for training.
- Deliver health care services abroad without compensation.
- Provide educational assistance to people abroad.
- Promote health care awareness in Japan and abroad.
- Support health care in remote rural areas and on isolated islands in Japan.
- Provide comfort services for gravely sick patients in Japan and abroad.
- Engage in any other activities to make the goal achievable.
Various kinds of wonderful encounters have taught us that every single life is of value and irreplaceable.
No matter what we face, at the end of our lives, we believe that the meaning of our being will be carried on, beyond time and space, as if the warmth of one’s hand will be passed on from one to another.
Japan Heart, as one of the most reliable and promising international medical organizations, will never stop evolving in order to help bring everyone’s invaluable life into a brilliant future.
- We celebrate every encountering as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to share the moment, and thus commit ourselves to provide an excellent hospitality, through which all involved will find happiness and contentment.
- We sincerely listen to our caring instinct, and serve the disadvantaged who do not have access to medical care, with no discrimination by nationality, race, politics, religion, or circumstance.
- We do not measure our lives in terms of money, status, or fame. Instead, we act on what we believe is truly valuable; trust, compassion/consideration, appreciation, courtesy/moderation, and wisdom.
- Japan Heart’s initiatives and actions represent a project, where experienced individuals, and young people who possess capabilities and potential, collaborate to generate trends of the time, and create cultural and historical values.
- We shall acknowledge and respect who each of us is, believe in ourselves, and keep challenging ourselves for self-realization and social welfare.
- We must sincerely and deeply study our history, and try to live for the moment to the fullest while looking ahead to the future, so that we can contribute to social well-being both at home and abroad.
- In order to become the best international medical professionals, we shall keep our minds and bodies clean, never fail to pay careful attention to everyday life, understand that serving is our natural duty, do our best without ego and arrogance, and continue to improve ourselves day by day.
- ‘Quality’ is the most crucial value for us.
|Official Title||International Medical Volunteers Japan Heart|
|Address||Saint Office 10 Fl,1-33-6 Taito, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Postal Code: 110-0016Map
Approved as NPO Nov. 2008
|President||Dr. Haruna Yoshioka|
|Directors||Dr. Maiko Koujiro
Mr. Yuta Momose
Ms. Yoriko Takuma
Mr. Toshio Yamada
|Auditor||Mr. Hideo Ohashi|